photo

photo
Our classroom is as beautiful as a museum, as magical as a storybook, and emanates all the learning and light invited in - times a thousand!

Sunday 29 May 2016

Dear Families,

As I found I had to email to send notice about new information here, I began emailing only.
I collected so many amazing memories over the past year and only some of them have been featured!
So now here is a new update- Please check out the photos- i am sure we will show them with popcorn to the kids this week! It will be sure to delight.
Why not scroll through again with their families!!
As you can see, there is much activity and learning going on. It's  a  pleasure getting to know your special people!

Please pack extra clothes for Thursday- Friday we will have a water activity and get really messy.

I ask you to pack them Thursday as Friday I hope they can bring in a small volume (1 cup or 2 if you can spare/they can carry ;) ) of a baking ingredient.
We will study volume and make a surprise.
It can be anything you have that we can measure! NO NUTS, as always!
My list represents a diversity in texture too- as we will be comparing textures.

-corn/ beans
-corn kernels
-flour
-sugar
-salt
-rice
-cornmeal
-seeds
-oats

We will avoid cereals as they dissolve quickly in liquid.
We are investigating volume.

(This is how I learned to measure soft butter. 1 cup of water, add spoonfuls of butter, stop when the water level reaches 1 3/4 cup then you know you have 3/4 cup of butter. please do not send butter. :) We will use dry goods ;)



Stay cool this week :)

Meghan Hulsman